1 DAY RWANDA GORILLA TREK
This day trip starts and ends in Kigali. A trek to the mountain gorillas is the greatest wildlife encounter that one should not miss in a lifetime. Gorilla trekking is the primary attraction to the Volcanoes National Park and the hike is within the rain forest. The walk in search of the mountain gorillas is an exciting and exhilarating but rewarding experience. Anyone visiting is by definition ensuring the survival of these magnificent creatures that remain in the forests of Uganda, Rwanda and Congo. A gorilla trek is ultimate wildlife experience in this or any other continent; most people who have made a visit to the gorillas rate it as their most memorable holiday.
In the morning after breakfast, you will gather at the park headquarters by 8:30 am for a briefing before heading for the memorable gorilla tracking adventure in the forest.
Tracking will take 2-7 hours, depending on the movement of the animals in their natural environment. Expect to get yourself dirty, as trekking goes through the sloppy and muddy environment.
A maximum of one hour will be allowed with the gorillas, where you will take photography and ask questions.
Descend to the park headquarters, where you will meet your guide, and after lunch, drive back to Kigali, reaching in the evening.
- Park fees
- All activities
- All accommodation as stated in the itinerary
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation
- All Taxes/VAT
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- All Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water on all days
- International flights
- Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- The government imposed an increase in taxes and/or park fees
- Alcohol drinks